Partnering with ASAP
Click here to find out more or contact Jenna Preusker at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask any antimicrobial stewardship questions.
How could ASAP benefit your facility?
Receive assistance in development of an effective antimicrobial stewardship program or improving an existing program, that can result in:
- More appropriate antimicrobial use
- Improved patient outcomes
- Decreased healthcare costs, including pharmacy and laboratory expenses
- Decreased C. difficile infection and isolation of resistant pathogens
Access a pharmacist coordinator and Infectious Diseases physician with expertise in antimicrobial stewardship for consultative support in program development
Gain access to relevant tools, policies, and strategies for antimicrobial stewardship
What kind of assistance could you expect?
The type of assistance provided may include:
- Assessment of facility using the CDC Core Elements of Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Provision of leadership support and resources such as justification material, policy support, and business plan
- Assistance with tracking and benchmarking of antimicrobial use and antimicrobial stewardship interventions
- Assistance with NHSN data submission
- Education of antimicrobial stewardship personnel and clinicians in the facility
- Provision of consultative expertise (ID physician, Pharmacist, Infection Preventionist) to implement best practices for antimicrobial stewardship
- Some facilities will be invited to participate in an environmental services project to improve cleaning to prevent C. difficile infection
What is the cost?
ASAP is funded by a grant. There is no cost for services provided by the grant team.
The facility should be prepared to:
- Designate project leadership (physician and pharmacy support within facility)
- Collect and share antimicrobial usage data
- Collect and share microbiology reports
- Implement recommendations