Nebraska Antimicrobial Stewardship Summit
Summit registration will be open soon!
The call for posters is open now!
NE ASAP is accepting posters to be presented at the Nebraska Antimicrobial Stewardship Summit 2024. We invite you to be part of this exceptional opportunity to showcase your innovative Quality Improvement Projects in Antimicrobial Stewardship.
Please refer to the guidelines before submitting the poster. These guidelines will provide important information on formatting, content, deadline, and other essential details related to the submission.
- The deadline to submit posters is April 15, 2024 11:59 pm CST. Please ensure that your poster has been submitted and you have received the confirmation e-mail. Posters submitted after the deadline date are not considered for evaluation.
- A recording explaining the submission process can be found here.
- Submissions with an “INCOMPLETE” status cannot be processed. All required fields in the submission form have to be complete.
- Participants may return to the online system to edit submission, revise information, correct typographical errors or re-upload a submission at any time before the submission deadline.
- Authors will be notified of acceptance by Friday May 3, 2024.
- Accepted posters will be printed by Nebraska ASAP for the facility and displayed during the conference.
- If accepted, your poster will be published on the NE ASAP website open to the public following the summit.
Overview: We invite healthcare professionals to submit poster presentations at the 2024 Nebraska Antimicrobial Stewardship Summit focusing on quality improvement projects in antimicrobial stewardship.
Theme: This poster session aims to highlight innovative and effective initiatives undertaken by Nebraska healthcare facilities to enhance antimicrobial stewardship practices. We encourage submissions that demonstrate successful strategies, best practices, and measurable outcomes in optimizing antimicrobial use.
Topics of Interest: We welcome posters covering a wide range of topics, including but not limited to:
- Implementation of antimicrobial stewardship programs.
- Data-driven approaches to monitor and improve antimicrobial prescribing.
- Collaborative efforts between healthcare professionals to address antimicrobial resistance.
- Utilization of technology for antimicrobial stewardship.
- Education and training programs for healthcare providers.
- Patient engagement and communication strategies.
- Poster Format: Please utilize the PowerPoint template provided by Nebraska ASAP to outline key objectives/aims, methods, results, and conclusions of the quality improvement project.
- Author Information: Include the names, credentials, and affiliations of all authors on the poster. Clearly indicate the primary contact person and include their contact information.
- Poster Acceptance: Accepted posters will be printed by Nebraska ASAP for the facility and displayed during the conference. Accepted posters will also be uploaded to the Nebraska ASAP website.
- During the conference: At least one author from the facility that was involved in the project should be present with the poster during the scheduled Summit poster session to answer attendee questions and lead any discussion about their findings. Authors are welcome to keep their poster and may take it with them at the end of the conference. We encourage sharing this important work at your own facilities following the conference.
Evaluation Criteria: Submissions will be evaluated by Nebraska ASAP based on the following criteria:
- Relevance: How well does the project address current challenges in antimicrobial stewardship?
- Innovation: Does the project showcase creative and novel approaches?
- Impact: What measurable outcomes or improvements resulted from the project?
- Clarity: Is the poster well-written, clearly presenting the project’s objectives and results?
Submission Instructions: Please submit your poster via Redcap link by April 15, 2024. Authors will be notified of acceptance by Friday, May 3, 2024.
Selected posters will give authors the opportunity to:
- Present their work to conference attendees
- Engage in discussions with experts in the field
- Further their professional development
- Contribute to the advancement of antimicrobial stewardship practices
- Be eligible for award consideration
For inquiries or additional information, please contact Jenna Preusker, PharmD at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your submissions and showcasing the outstanding Nebraska work in antimicrobial stewardship at the 2024 Nebraska Antimicrobial Stewardship Summit!